REFLECTOR: Sump low fuel sensor
Brett Ferrell
reflector at velocityxl.com
Wed Apr 20 10:47:13 CDT 2011
That unit is a direct replacement for the float switch I'd already
installed a hardpoint for, so I put a little bit of permatex sealant on the
threads and ran it in level fore-and-aft. It just senses fluid on the
prism tip, though, so I'm not sure the attitude of the sensor is
particularly important.
Brett
-- Brett Ferrell bferrell at fastmail.fm
On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 10:19 -0500, "Ron Stacey " <rlstacey at earthlink.net>
wrote:
Brett, Can you give me some guidance on how install the VP03E? Does it go
in the top of the sump at an angle? How did you seal it? Many thanks, Ron
Stacey
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Brett Ferrell
Sent: Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:03 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list; 'reflector at tvbf.org'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Sump low fuel sensor
It's a [LINK:
http://www.anderson-bolds.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AB&Product_Code=VP03E&Category_Code=PES]
VP03E which can be purchased at [LINK:
http://www.anderson-bolds.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AB&Product_Code=VP03E&Category_Code=PES]
Anderson Bolds for about $100.
Brett
[LINK:
http://www.velocityxl.com/content.php?850-Optical-Sump-Level-Switch-Installed]
http://www.velocityxl.com/content.php?850-Optical-Sump-Level-Switch-Installed
-------Original Message-------
From: Andrew Judge
To: 'reflector at tvbf.org'
Subject: REFLECTOR: Sump low fuel sensor
Sent: 16 Mar '11 07:19
Does anyone remember the part that can read fuel low status by light rather
than the float type? I was looking for the identical thread so I can just
change them out. Thanks.
Andy
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector]
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: [LINK:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html]
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110420/7d33ee67/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list