REFLECTOR: air in break line

Jeff Howell jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:13:54 CDT 2011


hey berry I had that problem once too all I did is bought a new plane... J/k hope you figure it out soon... Jeff
 


From: gibbons at as.net
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 07:45:48 -0700
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: air in break line






I will go and check to see that all of the fitting have the tubing insert. No parking brake.
Barry
 
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Jerry Brainard
Sent: Monday, April 18, 2011 6:50 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: air in break line
 
Just to be complete, did you use the little tubing inserts for the brake line fittings?  They go into the line to strengthen the tube under the clamping force of the brass ferrule.
 
Do you have a parking brake?  We were never able to successfully bleed the brakes with that installed.  I assume it was the installation position because others have been successful.
 
Another consideration might be to elevate the nose to help the air to move to the cylinders.
 
Bleeding the brakes can be one of the most maddening things you will do on the Velocity.
 

Jerry Brainard
Jerry at JLBEnt.com




From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Barry Gibbons
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:48 PM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: air in break line
 
Hello
For about two month I have been trying to bleed my left break. I replace the master cly. Three times, rebuild the caliber twice; replace break line to gear leg and still getting air in the line. No sign of fluid leak. It looks like it coming from the master cyl. After I reverse flow and no bubbles I stop. Then when I push on the brake you can see a bubble come from Master cyl. You wait until the next day you can see more air in the line. But changing it three times it has to be something else. Any suggestion on what I can try or where the air might be coming in from. I have done reverse flow and pumping break and bleeding at caliper.
Barry
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20110418/26946936/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list