REFLECTOR: Wet compass

Velocity xl velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Tue Nov 16 17:07:14 CST 2010


Not sure if it is relevant but I have been flying a Sport Cruiser and the only compass 
in this plane is the one in the Dynon system. The sport Cruiser is a certified light 
sport plane and they purchased it with out a wet compass.

Ron
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Laurence Coen 
  To: Velocity xl ; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2010 12:36 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Wet compass


  Ron,

  In my experience dealing with those that inspect is that the wet compass is the primary and your Dynon is the unnecessary extra compass.  As far as they are concerned a magnetic compass is a device that contains a magnet floating in a fluid.  The FAA really doesn't  say but if you ask them to clarify the rule it will take years and you probably won't like the answer anyway.  That's why I have a wet compass on my glare shield.

  Larry Coen
  N136LC


  From: Velocity xl 
  Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:09 PM
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Wet compass


  I put a Dynon in my panel and though it would cover many of my 
  instruments including a compass. But my eaa inspector said 
  I need another compass on board. I seem to remember reading some where
  that as long as there is a magnetic variance card with this compass  then the  Dynon 
  will surfice as a required compass on board. Anyone have any insight on this needed
  extra compass ?

  Ron 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101116/b49581c5/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list