REFLECTOR: Wet compass
Laurence Coen
lwcoen at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 16 12:36:42 CST 2010
Ron,
In my experience dealing with those that inspect is that the wet compass is the primary and your Dynon is the unnecessary extra compass. As far as they are concerned a magnetic compass is a device that contains a magnet floating in a fluid. The FAA really doesn't say but if you ask them to clarify the rule it will take years and you probably won't like the answer anyway. That's why I have a wet compass on my glare shield.
Larry Coen
N136LC
From: Velocity xl
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 11:09 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Wet compass
I put a Dynon in my panel and though it would cover many of my
instruments including a compass. But my eaa inspector said
I need another compass on board. I seem to remember reading some where
that as long as there is a magnetic variance card with this compass then the Dynon
will surfice as a required compass on board. Anyone have any insight on this needed
extra compass ?
Ron
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101116/21b29f15/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list