REFLECTOR: Gluing the Headliner

Terrence Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 6 20:50:25 CDT 2010


Sorry I don't have specific product info, but you can get bulk yellow contact cement which is chemically similar to 3M8087 or whatever it is.  Go you your local trim shop and ask him where he orders his.  The advantage is you can put it in the $10 touchup spray guy from Harbor Frgt and always get a consistent spray out of it, as opposed to use of aerosol cans which behave one way when fresh and another way when the aerosol is nearly depleted.  You can come back the next day and peel off any goop on the guy nosil and when you are done, just thow the gun away over trying to clean it, and you are still mucho bucks ahead of buying 2 o3 aerosol cans at a car parts place.
Terry
 


To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2010 23:17:45 -0400
From: nmflyer1 at aol.com
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gluing the Headliner

Scott:   


Use Fast Tack 92 by Sprayway. Works great, has less bleed through, and gives you a little reposition time if you need it. 


I got mine from R&R trim & supply on first street in ABQ. 


Kurt 





-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Fri, Nov 5, 2010 6:57 pm
Subject: REFLECTOR: Gluing the Headliner


I (re)glued in my headliner where I had cut in the new roof NACA's. 
 
It came off! A thin layer of foam I got from a auto interior shop and the piece of cloth I had to rip out to clear the space for the NACA's. 
 
Whats the best kind of glue to use for this? I think I had used 3M Super Adhesive, but I just read on the internet that, that is not recommended? 
 
Scott 
 
-- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest. 
Mark Twain 
 
_______________________________________________ 
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 
 
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery 
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 

_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101106/558639bd/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list