REFLECTOR: Removing the Jugs?

Tim Walsh timfwalsh01 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 6 20:17:52 CDT 2010


Scott,

Thanks for the quick response!!  Tim


On 11/6/10 9:13 PM, "Scott Derrick" <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:

> Yes, its very doable with the wings on.  I've done it on an IO360 and an
> IO520.  Mines the narrow Std fuselage.
>  
> As you suggest remove the bell crank from the aileron torque tube and the
> bracket to give you a bit more room for #1&2
> 
> I taped down a bathroom rug on each wing next to the engine for protection.
> They are cheap and a perfect fit.
> 
> Scott
> 
> -------- Original Message --------
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Removing the Jugs?
> From: Tim Walsh <timfwalsh01 at comcast.net> <mailto:timfwalsh01 at comcast.net>
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
> <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
> Date: 11/06/2010 06:27 PM
>>  Removing the Jugs? Folks,
>>  
>> I need to remove the jugs on my 173FG (LIO-360).  When I (actually my A&P)
>> checked the pressure, air was coming out of the oil breather tube.   I have
>> been loosing oil through the tube.  Now I know why.
>>  
>> It appears if I disconnect the aileron bolt, so I can remove wing root
>> bellcrank bracket.  Can I just remove the jugs without taking off the wings?
>>  
>> Has anyone gone through this?
>>  
>> Well, it will soon be winter, and this is a good opportunity to think of
>> other projects  :-)  Thanks  Tim
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101106/f3bfbc3e/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list