REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears

Terrence Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:25:15 CDT 2010


Alex
Geez.  I am glad I am not the only one who reads too fast for his own good.  Did you mean to address this below note to me?
Terry
 


From: velocity_pilot at verizon.net
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 17:51:27 -0500
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears










Hi John-
I can work directly from those I use Corel Draw (vector) for that type of art- although if you guys already have the Velocity Logo in a vector format that would be great!
 
Sincerely,
 
Alex
 




From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Terrence Miles
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 5:34 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears
 
Alex,
Thanks for this offer.  I will compose a spread sheet of who has written either to me off line, or expressed an interest here on the forum and get back to you in a day or so.  Meanwhile to everyone else, here are the three logos we have, but they are of poor techical quality.  Does anybody want to volunteer to clean up these drawings maybe with a home photoshop program?    
Terry 

To John Abraham, 
Thanks.  We will take it from here.   



From: john at velocityaircraft.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 14:43:11 -0400
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears

Well as always people want to make this complicated and no consensus will ever be formed.  Therefore I will leave it up to the group to have the shirts made up.  I am not going to exhaust my time on doing all of this when everyone wants something different and I can’t stock a variety of items.
 
John
 


 


From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 1:40
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears
 
I'd certainly vote for Alex's solution, more options and the least expensive so far.

Scott

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears
From: Alex Balic <velocity_pilot at verizon.net>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 11/03/2010 11:04 AM
If velocity gives permission for me to run them- I can make short sleeve white 6.1 shirts single sided for $6.85, for 24 imprint minimum, $5 for 60 imprints, colored t-shirts would be $1.50 more,  long sleeve T $2.50 more than the short sleeve, and Crew neck Sweats $5 more than the short sleeve T, Hooded Sweats  $6 more, these are examples, I can print on whatever is wanted, it is the total  number of impressions that drives the price.
If the factory wants to keep it in house, and there is another printer that already did and has the art, then that is fine  too, but lets just get a consensus with everyone! Turn around time for me is about a week.
 




From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:23 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears
 
Cancel my order if they are  going to be black!

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears
From: John Abraham <john at velocityaircraft.com>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 11/03/2010 06:30 AM


I am still waiting to hear back from the shirt manufacturer as to if they can do what we are asking along with what the overall cost will be.  I am trying to keep it between $20-$25 including shipping to everyone.  With the velocity logo on the front of the shirts it is looking like about $20.00  I am going to guess it will be closer to $25 with the logo also on the back.  
 
Here is what we are looking to do for the shirt layout:
 
Sweatshirts will be black, jeerzy like material shirt (meaning long sleeve T-shirt material  or we can go heavier duty however the prices of the shirts again go up another $5.00
 
Heavier shirt would be 9.5oz, lighter shirt would be 8oz.
 
Velocity logo on the front upper left (Velocity with the airplane in the O)
 
And the back will have the Velocity zoom logo with the words Velocity several times to the right of it.  This should be about 50% of the size for the back.
 
I will let you all know when I get a definite answer.  I would like to make this all happen so you will have time to do them as gifts, etc.
 
Since Velocity is on a shoe string budget however for us to place the order for shirts I will have to have pre-order and pre-payment sign-ups before placing the order.  When I get the final amount I will let everyone know and I will give a 2 week window for ordering.  If anyone has any questions feel free to email me.  I am open to all suggestions if you would like to go with a lighter long sleeve or heavier.
 
John
 


 


From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Jim & Sharon Beck
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:08
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears
 

Me too.   1 lge 1 med.

Thanks 

Jim


 


From: Dennis Martin 

Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 7:33 AM

To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Old Velocity Sweatshirt re-appears

 
Great find. Please add me to the list: Two Large Sweat Shirts

Dennis Martin

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Terrence Miles <terrence_miles at hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
 
It is a small world.  I am reminded of that all the time.  My new base is Valparaiso, IN which at one time was home to the Duane and Bonnie Swing.  As chance would have it some many years back, an airport pal or relative of the Swings was given a free Velocity sweatshirt that was just recently re-given to me.   It has seen some use, and is way too  big for me, but it looks great and has the single Velo logo on the front with the airplane in the letter "O" and a small contrail across the V E and L.  
 
Here is a pic of the back side.  The word "Velocity" fades away to nothing across the last 5 or so iterations.  I am not interested in making any money at this, but I am going to go see if I can get a local sweatshirt company to make a couple of these up for Xmas presents or whatever among ourselves.  That's if the Swings are OK with this since it is their design.  John, can you check?  
 
I looked on the factory website and they no longer sell a sweatshirt like this.  I like it a lot and we could even sell them thru the wiki to any canard pilot and use any proceeds on community projects or whatever.  Say, we could replace Velocity with the word "Experimental" or something for outside sales.   It might be the minimum order would be too great an investment.  I don't know about this.  
 
Any thoughts or ideas or guidance out there?
 
Terry
 

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-- 
All the best,
Dennis



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1153 / Virus Database: 424/3234 - Release Date: 11/02/10  _______________________________________________To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangooseCheck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-- What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'Christ Jesus, Mathew 15:11  _______________________________________________To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/galleryuser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangooseCheck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermailCheck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
 -- Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.Mark Twain



No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 10.0.1153 / Virus Database: 424/3234 - Release Date: 11/02/10

_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101103/69b2e67a/attachment-0001.htm>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: image001.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 3646 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101103/69b2e67a/attachment-0001.gif>


More information about the Reflector mailing list