REFLECTOR: O-ring fuel lube and anti-fog

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 3 11:42:01 CDT 2010


Andy,

Here's a trick that is as old as salt that has been used to keep the bathroom mirror from fogging up during your morning shower.  Get some of that slimy stuff that forms in the soap dish and on the bottom of the soap and smear it on the mirror.  Then polish it clear with dry wash cloth.  It is my understanding that the secret ingredient that does the job is the glycerin in the soap.  Getting your airplane into the bathroom could be problematic so I would recommend you take the slime to the hanger.  You may be able to obtain some glycerin at a pharmacy.

Larry Coen
N136LC


From: Andrew Judge 
Sent: Tuesday, November 02, 2010 11:32 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
Subject: REFLECTOR: O-ring fuel lube and anti-fog


Does anyone have any preferred products and  where to get them for fuel resistant lube for o-rings and and such? 

Also - I need to find an anti-fog coating for my windshield interior. I noticed when I took off in the early AM, I could not see out of windshield from both the interior and exterior sides. Once I got rolling, the exterior condensation blew off, but not the interior...

Any help much appreciated. Thx!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101103/604777e5/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list