REFLECTOR: Door Lock Microswitch

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Nov 2 15:22:40 CDT 2010


John, 

go to your local auto supply store and pick up a small packet of "bulb grease" dielectric. Works great. Now your pins need to be clean and tight enough to not basically short on & off.

Kurt  






-----Original Message-----
From: aminetech at bluefrog.com
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tue, Nov 2, 2010 1:14 pm
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door Lock Microswitch



Thanks, Terry, Al.  Now I know why I couldn't find the switches - there are none!  What I have is a curcuit with one end terminated at one of the lower sockets and the other end at the other.  When the door is closed, the locking mechanism completes the curcuit and the indicator light goes out.  During flight the indicator light often flickers on and off.  During my last IFR lesson a very observant instructor noted that the flickering coincided with some very annoying static noise on my intercom that has been plaguing me for several years.  I am hopeful that both symptoms can be eliminated with one stone.  Is there an electrically conductive grease that I can use?  There is some material in the sockets that resembles heat sink compound.  Would that work?
 
John

--- terrence_miles at hotmail.com wrote:

From: Terrence Miles <terrence_miles at hotmail.com>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door Lock Microswitch
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 10:40:06 -0400

John,
It is found at the end of the bayonet at one of lower corners of the door.  Look under the carpet under the door...or feel around there for a bump.
Terry
 


Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 05:55:50 -0700
From: aminetech at bluefrog.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Door Lock Microswitch



I need to adjust the microswitches that indicate when the door is not fully closed.  I couldn't find anything in the builder manual.  Can someone tell me where the switches are located and how to get to them?
 
Thanks,'
John

_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html _______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101102/d8c434eb/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list