REFLECTOR: Trim motor

Bellsouth Home dugasd at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 13 21:05:13 CST 2010


Scott,
Sounds like VooDoo.  But I know if I'm confused and am only working part time if I turn around a few time I can usually get back on task. I just did not know it worked for actuators.  
I'll bite.  What is the theory here?  I'm not doubting you just curious. I received clarification on String Theory and Quantum Theory here so a little more for Grasshopper      Master please.

Sent from Rene's iPad.


On Dec 13, 2010, at 6:42 PM, "Scott Baker" <scottb33333 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Chris,
> If you are dealing with the pitch trim actuator, here is a simple fix ...
> Without dismounting the actuator, disconnect the fiberglass spring, then twist the barrel (moving portion) of the actuator a few turns.
> That should do the trick.
> Let me know if this works for you.
> Scott B.
> 
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Barber" <cbarber at texasattorney.net>
> To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 1:27 PM
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Trim motor
> 
> 
>> Is there a problem with the trim motor that I am unaware?  My trim has stopped working. I worked on it most of yesterday checking all the wires, checking the switch (including try two different switches), verifying the connections and schematic routings with no joy. Originally I would get movement if I connected a batter directly to the motor, sometime through the entire range of movement, sometimes intermentantly. However, now it has stopped working all together.
>> 
>> At $280.00 a pop a new one would be very difficult right now.
>> 
>> Thoughts and/or solutions would be welcome. Uh, solutions other than a new unit preferred :-)
>> 
>> Finally, a non engine related concern.
>> 
>> Chris
>> 
>> Sent from my iPhone 4
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


More information about the Reflector mailing list