REFLECTOR: Today I am a man!
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Thu Dec 9 12:34:17 CST 2010
Hey Chris- let me take a look at my schedule- you can come during the week
if you are on duty weekends.
Alex
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Chris Barber
Sent: Thursday, December 09, 2010 10:48 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Today I am a man!
Alex,
DEAL. Let me know when you may be able to provide me some "learnin'". I
will have to get off work for a Saturday class and to drive up to Dallas. I
would love to say I would fly, but, what are the odds? ;-0
Perhaps after the first of the year?
Thanks for the offer. Gee, I love this online stuff.
Chris
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on behalf of
Alex Balic [velocity_pilot at verizon.net]
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 11:32 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Today I am a man!
Hey Chris-
If you want to take a trip up to Dallas- I can give you the Alex Balic
comprehensive TIG Course- bring along any parts that you need fabricated or
fixed.. I was certified in Aluminum by Toyota Motor Company, everything else
is easy after you can weld Aluminum- you have more control using a TIG torch
than with gas in my opinion, so you should be able to master it fairly
quickly- just let me know!
Alex
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Chris Barber
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 11:10 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Today I am a man!
Well, yesterday actually. I completed the EAA Sport Air workshop yesterday
on Welding. While I know the Gas Oxy method it just a bit antiquated by all
the new stuff, the class removed much of the mystery involved. I was amazed
at the progress made in just two days. From dripped, blotchy beads, to not
all that bad, somewhat consistent beads.
I know it is not much of a leap for many of y'all, but I always felt quite
lacking not having a base understanding of the process (videos and books
just do not breach the gap). Now I will be looking for a Tig course, or
even, now with a basic skill, even a friends input. The Velocity is not an
a big welded craft, but there were a few things I would at least have
entertained, even if I would have farmed them out anyway.
Fitted my wheel pants this week. about 99% complete, 15% to go.....
(geeesh, the devil is in the details)
Just sharing....
All the best,
Chris
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101209/602bc397/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list