REFLECTOR: FG sump question

Bellsouth Home dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 7 22:57:11 CST 2010


I bought mine from Gem Switches. Occasional flicker only level above 8000 ft and a slight wing wag. Much better than the floater. 

Sent from Rene's iPad.


On Dec 4, 2010, at 11:46 AM, Andrew Judge <ajudge at grovenetworks.com> wrote:

> I'm sold. That will go in next annual with a new push dummy light. No brainer!
> 
> Andy
> 
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org <reflector-bounces at tvbf.org> 
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org> 
> Sent: Sat Dec 04 12:21:22 2010
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FG sump question 
> 
> It's a straight replacement.  A lot of folks are using it, though I think the factory is still selling the floater (we had trouble with it bobbing at high flow rates during climb and high altitude).  Apparently it's suseptibel to ethanol for those running MoGas.
> 
> Brett
> 
> 
> -------Original Message-------
> From: Andrew Judge 
> To: Brett Ferrell , Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FG sump question
> Sent: 04 Dec '10 11:35
> 
> That looks great. Is that what the factory is using now and is it a straight replacement or did you have to change the hard plate?
> 
> Andy
> 
> On Dec 4, 2010, at 10:57 AM, "Brett Ferrell" <reflector at velocityxl.com> wrote:
> 
> 
>> I installed the VP03E optical sensor to eliminate the flickering....
>> http://www.velocityxl.com/content.php?850-Optical-Sump-Level-Switch-Installed
>> 
>> B
>> 
>> 
>> -------Original Message-------
>> From: slvegl99 at aol.com
>> To: reflector at tvbf.org
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FG sump question
>> Sent: 04 Dec '10 09:25
>> 
>> OK, guys, what have you done to cure the flickering? Replace the sending unit? I have it too, though not often--no site gauges (yet).
>> 
>> Bob Wood
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Bellsouth Home 
>> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
>> Sent: Fri, Dec 3, 2010 11:40 pm
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: FG sump question
>> 
>> If I rebuild mine the sensor will be lower.  Three switches and one emergency precautionary landing on a closed overgrown 3000ft. runway after descending at idle through three thousand ft. of undercast with ceilings of 700 ft. with my wife(a white knuckle flyer) in the plane all because of a flickering low fuel light on my first long cross country afraid the engine was about to quit.  I had sight gages but could not confirm feed to sump 550 hrs ago.
>> Rene'
>> 
>> Sent from Rene's iPad.
>> 
>> 
>> On Nov 30, 2010, at 9:05 PM, Matt Bucko <mbuc310 at cox.net> wrote:
>> 
>> 
>>> It is not too late to move the vent. Actually a good idea.
>>> Matt
>>> 
>>> On 11/30/2010 8:00 PM, Brian Michalk wrote:
>>>> 
>>>> I know it may be too late, but if I were to do it again, I would put the vent holes at one of the top corners.  The air bubble is not going to spend much time at the middle.
>>>> 
>>>> Try to burp the bubble.  If that's gone, you won't have flickering.
>>>> Make sure your vent hoses do not have any dips (traps) below your max fuel level.
>>>> 
>>>> I think your sender location is okay.
>>>> 
>>>> On 11/30/2010 08:42 PM, Matt Bucko wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> I am ready to close out my sump tank, but have a question on the location of the low fuel sender hard point.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Per the plans, I located the center of the hardpoint 1.5 inches below the top of the tank.  I notice that this places the center of the hole, at about the same height off og the sump bottom as the fuel IN and vent holes.
>>>>> 
>>>>> I am toying with moving the sender down an additional inch to eliminate the low fuel light from flickering.... If it is too near the top of the fuel level.  
>>>>> Am I wrong to believe that the head pressure from the fuel tanks will fill the sump to the top?     
>>>>> Matt
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>>> 
>>>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf!
>>>>>  .org/gallery
>>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>>> 
>>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf!
>>>>  .org/gallery
>>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>> 
>> 
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>> 
>>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail!
>>  
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>> 
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101207/546241ea/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list