REFLECTOR: Catto Repitch

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Dec 5 08:58:45 CST 2010


Thats good info about your air-oil separator.  I never really thought 
about using one to save on oil consumption(throwing it overboard!).  I 
just wanted a clean airplane! :-)

Getting a fixed pitch prop matched to your particular airframe, engine 
and personal preference combination can be exasperating!

I sent my Catto back twice, at $400 a pop just for shipping, it can get 
quite expensive not to mention the down time. I whined a bit to Craig 
and he sent me a drawing on how to add a bit of reflex to the prop to 
increase my static.  it has added 100-125 rpm to my static and I'm a 
much happier camper!  I'd guesstimate I lost maybe 5 knots in cruise 
speed at 2700 rpm after the mod.  Took about 1 hour to do the mod, not 
including repainting the prop.  I'm flying with a stripe a primer on 
each blade right now! :-)

I can post the image and description for those interested in modifying 
your own fixed pitch prop to increase your static, but realize you are 
voiding any warrantee by so doing!

Scott

-- 
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious.
Albert Einstein



More information about the Reflector mailing list