REFLECTOR: Gray goo alternative

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 1 21:20:32 CST 2010


Alex is right. 

This method works great. I have not used on the Velocity since the mixing is kind of an "eyeball" thing. But, fixing other things.. works great.
Milled fiber is ok, Flox has a smoother & easier to mold constancy. 

Kurt 






-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Balic <velocity_pilot at verizon.net>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Wed, Dec 1, 2010 4:00 pm
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gray goo alternative



I have substituted JB weld mixed with milled fiber- it is probably stronger than the aeropoxy, but costs more ounce for ounce- you can get these extra large tubes at Ace Hardware- not sure if they have the large size at Home Depot, but it works great.
 


From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Don Johnston
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2010 8:52 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: Gray goo alternative

 
I ran out of Aeropoxy (ES6228). Until the Aircraft Spruce delivery shows up, does anyone know if is there an alternative I can use in the meantime? Preferably something carried at Home Depot, Lowes, etc.


_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20101201/6959e160/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list