REFLECTOR: New LED lighting options

Dennis Martin dennis.doc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:14:34 CDT 2009


Also consider *Sailor Sam's* LED courtesy light clusters (4 LEDs per light)
for installation in the plenum and baggage strakes. Pricing is really low
for red - $10.45 per cluster. Excellent, fast service.

http://www.sailorsams.com/mall/montauk-led.asp

I mounted the small cluster of 4 red LEDs in the panel above the
pilot/copilot. But, don't mount them on the outside. I cut small football
size holes in the plenum, then sanded around the plastic body and epoxied
them to the inside of the plenum. (You could also glass them. If using
epoxy, be careful - epoxy might gravitate out the holes. Just have some
toothpicks handy to keep it from leaking out). Only the four LEDs are
visible from the cockpit - really looks great, and they put out plenty of
light. I put three sets each on pilot/copilot side.

Want diffused lighting? I installed two of these larger LEDs in the center
plenum - one up front and one for passengers. A little pricey, but they will
help you load and unload the cockpit at night.

http://www.sailorsams.com/mall/montauk-led.asp

Good luck.

Dennis


On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 7:37 AM, <nmflyer1 at aol.com> wrote:

> I installed a similar thing in the wing root bagggage area. I purchased
> mine form Superbriteleds.com, but am not sure of the manufacturer. The
> lights work great, the adhesive... not so great. I ended up contact
> cementing mine to Velcrow, and velcroed them to the underside of the area.
>
> Kurt
>
> Kurt
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim Agnew <jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com>
> To: Velocity Reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Sent: Fri, Sep 25, 2009 8:38 pm
> Subject: REFLECTOR: New LED lighting options
>
>
>
>  The items are from Allied Electronics and you can look them up using their
> part numbers. See attachments!
>
> Fair warning I have not received these items yet and I'm going by the
> specifications.  More will follow after I have them and do some testing.
>
> I just purchased some new LED items that you might be interested in after I
> do some testing.    The stick on strips are a nominal 15VDC and can be used
> with the full 30 leds or cut at multiples of 3. The 3 Light waterproof
> lights can be chained.  Give me a call 813-855-3629 for more info.  See the
> attached PDF files.  The 30 light stick on are strips are less than $15 &
> the 3 led strips waterproof are less that $3.
>
>
> Jim
>
> James F. Agnew
> Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
> Tampa, FL
> Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
>
>
>  James F. Agnew
> Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
> Tampa, FL
> Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>



-- 
All the best,
Dennis
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090929/92645615/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list