REFLECTOR: N647JA Flys!
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Sep 28 19:03:55 CDT 2009
The prop was originally built for a TSIO-520, I ditched the turbo a
while back. It was a 66x104. Major pitch!
I called Craig told him what I was doing and if the prop could be
re-pitched or whatever for the 280 HP IO520. He said "no problem".
Well, I've sent it back twice and the static has gone from 1900 to 2050,
and thats setting the mixture for maximum output.
When I had the turbo on the engine, I was getting 2250 static which is
what we had mapped out. It was pitched for cruising at 2500 rpm.
I'm just not sure what to do now. I think I'll call Catto tomorrow and
talk it over with him...
Just found out Performance Propeller is not accepting orders this year
while a new owner learns the business from Clark.
Scott
Al Gietzen wrote:
>
> My plane combo is Std RG with a IO520, overhead NACA's.
>
> Yeah the static is way to low. I've already sent this prop back to
>
> Catto twice to re-pitch it and not seeing much of a result for the $$$
>
> it costs every time.
>
>
>
> Scott;
>
>
>
> What diameter and pitch on the Catto; and rated HP of the engine?
>
>
>
> I have 66” dia; 80” pitch; 3-blade Catto. My rotary has a rated hp
> (sea level) of 265 hp. I get 2500 static prop rpm at density altitude
> of about 2000 ft. Takeoff roll rpm is a bit higher. The drop in HP
> with DA is offset by prop resistance. I know taking off on a hot day
> at Longmont, CO; DA of about 9400’ my rpm was a bit lower, but not so
> noticeably. I’m just wondering whether it’s the prop; or you are not
> getting rated HP for some reason.
>
>
>
> Al
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 260 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090928/ee6cdbfe/attachment-0001.pgp>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list