REFLECTOR: Yet another brake installation photo set

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Sep 25 16:32:35 CDT 2009


Here's how I did it.  When I purchased the plane it was nylo-flow inside
the plane that transitioned to flexible hose that ran down the gear leg.
It was less than professionally done.  Since I want to fly without main
gear doors I had to scrap the external hose that was clamped to the door
attach points on the gear leg.  I also wanted to clean up the nylo-flow
flopping round in the gear compartment.  So far it hasn't seen any
flight time, though it has taxied all over the airport and done 4 high
speed taxi's.  I've romped quite hard on the brakes quite a few times
with no problems, and cycled the gear over 20 times.

My system is nylo-flow from the master cylinders back to the forward
gear box bulkhead. That is penetrated by two bulkhead fittings.  A
flexible stainless hose goes from the bulkhead to the gear leg.

Here is a picture of the bulkhead fitting connected to the flexible
hose.  The AN fitting is lockwired because it is subject to rotational
forces when the gear moves.

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/img186.jpg

The flexible hose at the gear leg has a hard attachpoint and then
transitions back to nylo-flow to pass through the gear leg conduit.

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/img185.jpg

here's looking down on the entire hose attachment assembly with the gear
in the down position.

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/img183.jpg

The nylo-flow exits the gear leg conduit about 4 inches above the brake
calipers.  The tubing is within a short piece of fuel line to protect it
from heat and rocks.

http://tnstaafl.net/canards/img182.jpg

Scott





-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 260 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090925/4c248008/attachment.pgp>


More information about the Reflector mailing list