REFLECTOR: Main Gear Brake Heat Shield

Don Johnston don at numa.aero
Tue Sep 22 16:41:36 CDT 2009


Jon,

 

I used a high-temp phelolic from McMaster-Carr (P/N 8641K122). The minimum
size is 12"x12" but you only need half that. 

 

I still have the leftover from my sheet if you're interested.

 

-Don

 

 

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On

Behalf Of Bachman, Jonathan

Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:05 AM

To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list

Subject: REFLECTOR: Main Gear Brake Heat Sheild

 

What is the best way to add some protection to the main gear legs to

prevent overheating from the brake disks after heavy usage?  My plane

has nothing, no shield, no wrap, and no AL tape.  I've read about the

problems that overheating the gear leg can cause and I don't want to

have to go there.

 

Thanks

 

Jon Bachman

 

N956DR

 

Std RG 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090922/5378026c/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list