REFLECTOR: Making Flying a Velocity easier
RBrim
rbrim at PerformanceSolutionsTech.com
Sun Sep 13 22:23:34 CDT 2009
Back to flying after 18 months and a successful bout with cancer. A couple
of things I noticed about flying the velocity, things that make it more work
than it could be, wondering if any of you have already figured out how to
solve it, and I'm just beind the times.
1. There's too much elevator at cruise. Little movements create lots
of altitude jump. Makes me aware I need to train my hand again. At first I
was thinking that it would be great to have a progressive elevator action,
e.g. when I pull on the stick for the first inch I only get 1/3 of the
elevator responding, than the rest. but then I wonder if anyone has adapted
a cam to the elevator connection so that the stick pull progressively gets
more movement on the elevator torque tube? Anyone doing that?
2. Stick on the right hand means it's always a bit awkward to adjust
the radios when hand flying. Has anyone set up additional grip switches to
select the non-active channel and a rotor or toggle switch to adjust
frequence from the stick as well?
3. How to respond to approach to descend without picking up a bunch of
speed? Mine gets fast very quick as soon as I get close to 500 fpm if I'm
anywhere within 20 kts of cruise. Is anyone dropping the main gear only (as
a speed brake) or figuring out some other approach to point the nose over
and not get into the yellow zone so easily?
Rodney Brim,
Blog - www.ManagePro.com/Blog
Twitter - www.twitter.com/RBrim
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090913/980328fd/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list