REFLECTOR: NIB Whelen Comet Strobe for sale

Dale Alexander dalexan48 at dslextreme.com
Thu Sep 10 09:08:13 CDT 2009


Hi all,

I have a new in box Whelen Comet Flash strobe kit for sale. This is the unit 
that is capable of flashing the wing strobes alternately in 3 pulse sets, or 
pulsing the wing strobes together in 3 pulse sets, or by adding a third tail 
strobe (for those of us that may have another plane with a tail), flashing 
the wing strobes and tail strobe alternately in 3 pulse sets of flashes. The 
3 pulses are desireable as it helps pilots in the area quickly determine 
your direction of flight.

The unit comes with 2 wing strobes with white position lights and either the 
red or green wing lights, enough shielded cable to wire the wing strobes, 
the power supply and all original printed material, including the STC 
paperwork for use on certified aircraft so this isn't just a strobe for 
experiemental planes. The strobes have been powered up every 6 months to 
keep the capacitors polarized. I can send along a video of the unit in 
operation in both modes of flashing.

New price per the Whelen website is about $975. I have seen it as cheap as 
$875 in Chief. I am asking $600 for the complete unit.

Please contact me off the Reflector to keep traffic down.

Thanks,

Dale Alexander
530-872-0342
ex DMO 404
173 RG Stealth Elite 



More information about the Reflector mailing list