REFLECTOR: Roll Trim Spring

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Thu Sep 10 01:19:23 CDT 2009


My roll trim keeps drifting left.  I checked today and saw that there is a
second 
spring, anchored to the frame and installed about an inch closer to the
pivot point 
than the one attached to the string on the co-pilot side.  Is there a reason
for a 
second spring on one side?  I'm thinking of removing it and see how it
flies.  What 
size springs are being used and how much tension is on them?

 Thanks,

 John

Not sure I understand your description exactly, but it sounds as though
something is amiss.  There should be a spring attached on each side of the
bellcrank to the string; none attached to the structure.  I replaced the
springs that came with the kit with some that are larger and stronger.  I
don’t know the dimensions, but IIRC, they have about 3 ½ to 4 lbs tension
when equally stretched.

 

I recall posting some info some time ago. Perhaps you can find it in the
archives.

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090909/be848026/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list