REFLECTOR: Radio weak and scratchy
Douglas Holub
douglas.holub at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 14:36:44 CDT 2009
That's a good idea. Hook your handheld up to the coax for the winglet
antenna and see if ATC can hear you. If it works well, you know the problem
isn't the antenna.
SWR = Standing Wave Ratio.
Doug Holub
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rene Dugas" <dugasd at bellsouth.net>
To: "'Brett Ferrell'" <reflector at velocityxl.com>; "'Velocity Aircraft Owners
and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Radio weak and scratchy
> Brett,
> Good idea. I'll check.
> I don't know how to use an antennae meter but I'm trainable. Is there
> some other way to check? Could I connect my handheld to the wing antennae
> or will it explode(kidding). Will the hairs on my arm stand up if I stand
> close to the wing while transmitting. Just probing. Not my area of
> expertise. I'm a good crimper though. What does SWR stand for?
> Rene'
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Brett Ferrell
> Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 7:41 AM
> To: reflector
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Radio weak and scratchy
>
> Rene,
>
> I'd recommend you find someone in the local Ham community/club and have
> them
> put and SWR meter on your antennas. I did this, and I have one antenna
> that's really good and one that's crap, but once you know where the
> antenna
> is really tuned, you can start trying to correct it (or replace it). I
> found a guy in my EAA chapter who's a heavy HAM user, and he had a full
> surplus military radio test rig and could sweep my ILS and nav heads and
> everything.
>
> Brett
> n44vf.com
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check
> new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
> CyberDefender has scanned this email for potential threats.
> Version 2.0 / Build 4.03.29.01
> Get free PC security at www.cyberdefender.com
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list