REFLECTOR: Pitot tube

Velocity VelocityXL at fastmail.fm
Tue Oct 13 14:15:20 CDT 2009


Love this . I always wondered if it would work this way.
I never liked the probe sticking out the side of the plane.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 13, 2009 12:02 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitot tube


> I've yet to use it, so I can't say how it works or the wattage.  I like 
> the idea of having an "innie" so I don't bump into it when walking around 
> the front.  Airspeed is accurate.
> John
>
> --- hoffman3 at erols.com wrote:
>
>
>
> Tim Crawford made a pitot tube from 1/4" OD tubing installed right through 
> the center of the nose. He had the same thing on his Long EZ, only he had 
> added a wire wound resistor, and ran the tube through the center of the 
> resistor. Nat had the same thing on his COZY, but no heat. I for got to 
> ask him the value and wattage of the resistor when I saw him building in 
> 1997.
>
> Maybe, John can tell us how well it works, and the value and wattage?
>
>


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list