REFLECTOR: Nose OIl cooler scoop flaw

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 10 11:49:10 CDT 2009


I was the one who added VG's in front of the scoop and I also have a smooth 
transition at the front.  I don't know if eliminating the lip at the front 
helps air flow as I did it before flight but  it looks nicer.  The VG's 
aren't pretty but they are effective.  Mine are made of 3/4" aluminum angle.

Larry Coen
N136LC

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Chuck" <c.harbert1 at verizon.net>
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:33 AM
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose OIl cooler scoop flaw

> Awhile ago I think someone said to put VG's in front of the scoop which I 
> did. It lowered my temps by about 5-10 degF as I recall.
>
> Chuck H
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 


More information about the Reflector mailing list