REFLECTOR: Nose gear didn't lock
aminetech at bluefrog.com
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Oct 8 09:59:43 CDT 2009
I had a problem with my main gear green light not coming on. The cause was the switch being set at the most extreme limit of locking mechanism travel. I think the switch should be set somewhere in the middle between the full locking mechanism travel and the initial point where adequate locking is achieved. That's a bad feeling having to land with the green light not on.
John
--- scott at tnstaafl.net wrote:
From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose gear didn't lock
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 07:26:09 -0600
Thanks guys, I will check today to see if its the micro switch, or not
really locked.
Scott
Chuck Jensen wrote:
> Scott,
>
> During the ground retract test, when you didn't get the green light, did you check to see if the assembly was over-center? If it was, then as Terry suggests, your proximity switch may need to be adjusted. But if you use your stick and find that you have to nudge it a little to finally go over center, then your light is good but you have a mechanical issue, be it spring or whatever....that's waaaaaay above my pay grade.
>
> Chuck
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
> Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 9:42 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Nose gear didn't lock
>
>
> On my last flight when I let the gear down I had a unsafe light and the
> nose gear light was not lit, the pump light indicated it had shut off, I
> gave a little jerk on the stick to increase the G force momentarily and
> the green light came on.
>
> later I was performing a gear retraction to test, when I let the gear
> down I got the same indication. I kicked the nose gear tire and the
> light came on.
>
> Is this a symptom of the nose gas strut going soft?
>
> I have previously in the last couple months made 20+ retraction tests
> with all OK.
>
> Scott
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list