REFLECTOR: Nose gear didn't lock
Terry Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 05:06:33 CDT 2009
Scott
I had the problem w/ my nose gear and it was the down limit squat switch. The little contactor arm has very little tolerance for range of contact motion. Be sure to check them.
Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 21:42
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Nose gear didn't lock
On my last flight when I let the gear down I had a unsafe light and the nose gear light was not lit, the pump light indicated it had shut off, I gave a little jerk on the stick to increase the G force momentarily and the green light came on.
later I was performing a gear retraction to test, when I let the gear down I got the same indication. I kicked the nose gear tire and the light came on.
Is this a symptom of the nose gas strut going soft?
I have previously in the last couple months made 20+ retraction tests with all OK.
Scott
More information about the Reflector
mailing list