REFLECTOR: Sealing Elevator Tube

Lawrence Epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 6 17:24:16 CDT 2009


I have the offset torque tubes. I fabricated a small bulkhead attached to
the canard which seals the opening.

Larry Epstein

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 5:45 PM, <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:

> As I mentioned before, I don't have heating issues, so I really don't have
> a horse in this race.  However, I looked at my Velo today to see if sealing
> around the torque tube would be of any benefit.  I have the off-set version,
> so the shower rod protector method applies.  The bottom 1/2 of the tube has
> a close fit to the fuselage, so little room for improvement there.  On the
> top 1/2 however, there is a gaping opening that extends 5/8" forward of the
> tube.  Most, if not all of the opening is necessary so I can remove the
> canard.  So, for those who have sealed around the tube, how is the canard
> removed?
>
> John
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20091006/fc5c19d2/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list