REFLECTOR: LED overhead lights for sale

Don Johnston don at numa.aero
Wed Nov 18 16:53:38 CST 2009


Sort of. :-)

 

I didn't want incandescent lights and I didn't want to pay the prices that
everyone was charging for LED lights. So I made my own. I used the Perko
housing (same ones that Velocity sells), made the circuit boards and used 3
white and 3 red LEDs. But then I noticed that everyone seems to be going to
blue light and it was also suggested that I have an "all on" feature that
would allow turning all the white lights on from a single point. 

 

So I took everything apart and redesigned the circuit board. I decided to
order it online rather than etch it myself again.  But the minimum order
resulted in 8 circuit boards. As a result, I have 4 leftover. 

 

So here's the deal: The four circuit boards, 4 diodes and 4 resistors for a
28v system (if you're a 14v, you'll need different resistors).  

 

You can get the Perko light housing for about $8 each.  The LEDs will cost
about $6 (and you get to pick the colors) which means your custom LED
overhead lights will run you about $25 each.

 

Pictures can be seen here: http://www.velocity-xl.com/light.htm

 

If you're not electrically inclined or have an aversion to solder, I may be
convinced to get the components and do the assembly. :-)

 

-Don

 

Don Johnston

don at numa.aero

XL-RG

Barrington, IL

 

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20091118/08f92208/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list