REFLECTOR: New Nose Gear (RG

Stockman, Bill bill.stockman at daytonaero.com
Mon Nov 16 07:43:52 CST 2009


Depending on the gap, find some hard rubber or similar material and
place in front of the captivator, the gap will fill and it will
eliminate the problem.   I used a piece from an old tire and it has
worked great for the last 18 months.

 

Bill Stockman

Senior Associate

Dayton Aerospace, Inc.

 

937.426.4300  Office

937.369.4799  Cell

bill.stockman at daytonaero.com

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:35 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: New Nose Gear (RG

 

 

Well, I got the new nose gear installed with the upgraded bumper. I
weighed down the nose with 120 lbs, then used my ratchet tie down and
scrunched it down even further. Put in the captivator plate.. no
problem. 

 

Once I let the weight off, the captivator plate doesn't even touch the
nose gear. It is not tight at all. Great. Something else I have to
re-design. 

 

Back to work (real work) to rest & ponder. 

 

 Kurt 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20091116/5ebe57f1/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list