REFLECTOR: Nose wheel shimmy

David Ullman ullman at robustdecisions.com
Sat May 23 08:11:07 CDT 2009


Yes Al, I was working on a dynamic model of the nose wheel shimmy.  I did a
simple model and got it to work fine - even got about the right oscillation
frequency.  This had just the wheel and fork free to rotate about the
near-vertical axis but without the flexibility of the leg.  However, I was
not happy with the results.  So, I added leg stiffness.  This got much
harder (for engineers, now a two degree of freedom, second order model) and
other (read paying) projects got in the way.  However, the folder is still
sitting here staring at me.  I will work on it next week and get as far as I
can without resorting to a thesis. 

David G. Ullman PhD ME
Robust Decisions
ullman at robustdecisions.com
541-754-3609
*********************
 

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature
database 4098 (20090522) __________

The message was checked by ESET Smart Security.

http://www.eset.com
 



More information about the Reflector mailing list