REFLECTOR: Franklin Engine Air Filter

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Mon May 18 15:23:43 CDT 2009


Good Shot Brett, 



By the way, I want my dust back!? It blew over there from the spring winds in NM. 



I ended up fabricating a filter system for my V-6 using a K&N filter from Summit racing. In fact, I bought an entire "Cool Air Kit" from Summit for a 5.0L ford. I had to cut it apart &* make some modifications, but it was faster than starting from scratch. 



The one thing I do not have, and hope I do not need, is a valve to switch from filtered to unfiltered air. 



Kurt 


-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Ferrell <reflector at velocityxl.com>
To: reflector <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Mon, 18 May 2009 1:57 pm
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Franklin Engine Air Filter




Seriously, I heard once that you guys were just "dust in the wind"

Sorry, I couldn't help myself.  Hey, I notice that we don't have a picture of 
173WJ in the wiki, care to send in a picture?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dust_in_the_Wind

B

> I am checking in to see if any Franklin drivers have designed an Engine Air
> Filter that they are happy with.
> 
> I live in Kansas with lots of dust.
> 
> I believe the carburetor location requires a different design than the
> Lycoming & Continental engines.
> 
> 
> W J Wilbeck
> N173WJ Flying off 40 hours
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090518/9705a36e/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list