REFLECTOR: old style elevator trim spring

Gary Stull gstull at tampabay.rr.com
Wed May 6 07:02:31 CDT 2009


That was me that made a stainless steel spring. It took some experimentation to get the correct tension. I simply added multiple layers of metal strips until I got the correct feel. It's worked well for about 350 hrs.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Douglas Holub 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 10:53 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: old style elevator trim spring


  I started loading up the front seat yesterday and found I need more elevator trim. I've got the straight fiberglass spring. I remember a few years ago one of the flyers said he made his out of stainless steel and it was working great. If he's still online, do I make it the same size as the fiberglass spring, or narrower?

  Doug Holub
  8.9 hrs of Phase I to go


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090506/99a8fd08/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list