No subject
Wed Mar 4 12:34:38 CST 2009
In talking about the retrofit nose gear rubber shock mounted on the
factory's trainer; Scott Swing (Velocity) told me this morning; "It is
working great so far; no problems. I like it! I used a similar thickness
spacer to install it but had to put a lot more weight than 140 pounds on the
nose to install the captivator. It took two of us to compress the shock
enough."
In this regard, and for purposes of clarification, be advised that I only
needed 140 pounds of weight on the nose to do it because my fuselage was
empty, my wings were off, and my engine was still not mounted on the
firewall at the time. I am sure that retrofit installation on a flying
Velocity requires much more weight on the nose to compress the rubber enough
to allow re-installation of the captivator.
More information about the Reflector
mailing list