REFLECTOR: Update on my Subaru installation

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 30 18:34:11 CDT 2009


Scott, 
Does it deflect the air away from the windscreen or radiate heat to the same?  I have not tried Lemon Pledge but others have mentioned it.
Thanks,
Rene'

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Monday, March 30, 2009 10:09 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Update on my Subaru installation

It too late to fix it, but both T210's I fly have a small 3x4 inch flat piece of clear plastic(??) between the windshield and the defroster outlet.  There is no crazing of the windshield on either plane, oldest a 79.

The piece of plastic is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch from the windshield.

Scott

Rene Dugas wrote:
> I have a duct to the windshield directly below my line of sight. Never 
> have had any fog problems in over 450 hr.  Down side is the 
> differential heating has caused crazing directly in front of me in a 6 
> inch egg shape. It's not bad but irritating. Don't know how to prevent 
> it or how I would do it over. Just FYI.
>
>
> Rene' Dugas
> Sent from my iPhone 3G
>
> On Mar 29, 2009, at 10:17 PM, "Alex Balic" <velocity_pilot at verizon.net 
> <mailto:velocity_pilot at verizon.net>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kurt-
>>
>> I have one of those fittings- from a wet-dry vac as I remember- I was 
>> going to use it on the floor but did not- I will see if I can get it 
>> up on the window area in front of my seat-
>>
>> Dont work too hard!
>>
>>  
>>
>> Alex
>>
>>  
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ---
>>
>> *From:* reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
>> <mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org>
>> [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] *On Behalf Of *nmflyer1 at aol.com 
>> <mailto:nmflyer1 at aol.com>
>> *Sent:* Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:14 PM
>> *To:* reflector at tvbf.org
>> *Subject:* Re: REFLECTOR: Update on my Subaru installation
>>
>>  
>>
>> Alex,
>>
>> I haven't heard any noise from my blower or controller yet, but I 
>> haven't been monitoring the radios much yet. A "T" would work for the 
>> defroster. I have a 2" line coming to the foot compartment of each 
>> side. Then I have a 1" line going to the defroster duct. I made the 
>> defroster duct out of a small plastic piece from a vacuum. It has the 
>> flange, and the deflectors to blow the air over a wide area. Then I 
>> just hooked up a piece of scat to it. I read about that somewhere and 
>> it really is convienient & works well. No valve or anything, just 
>> trying to keep it simple.
>>
>> The exit for my cooling on the blower/heater uses the aft facing 
>> discharge scoop that came with my kit.
>>
>> I'll try and scavenge some pictures to send you directly, but it may 
>> take til tomorrow night. Have to work tonight til 10 then back at 8am.
>>
>> Kurt
>>
>>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Alex Balic <velocity_pilot at verizon.net 
>> <mailto:velocity_pilot at verizon.net>>
>> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org 
>> <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>>
>> Sent: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 5:39 pm
>> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Update on my Subaru installation
>>
>> Kurt-
>>
>> I have seen a velocity with some extensions to the top of the NACAs 
>> that sort of make them ram scoops- probably you could just do that if 
>> you come up a little short on cooling- I might use a solid state 
>> control on my blower too, but the one I tried gave me some radio 
>> noise, so I went back to the resistors- I was thinking of adding a 
>> small T to blow some air up on the windshield= do you do that or have 
>> a dedicated valve for that?  I might add a trap door to the discharge 
>> plenum to allow me to just dump the air into the nose
>> compartment- not sure if there would be a low pressure area in there
>> though- might need to add something to the door area to make that happen.
>>
>> I look forward to looking at your pictures when you get a chance.
>>
>>  
>>
>> Alex
>>
>>  
>>
>>  
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> ---
>>
>> Need a job? Find employment help in your area 
>> <http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlweusyelp00000002>.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit
>> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery 
>> <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new 
>> archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail> 
>> Check old archives: 
>> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: 
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list