REFLECTOR: Vortex generators
Yahoo
steve_beilby at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 30 05:01:06 CDT 2009
Trying again with a photo
Tom wrote:
> Steve--could you try posting that photo again. I'm just curious how
> you've got them placed with only 9 VGs.
> Also, does anyone know if the factory VGs come in clear or only in
> white?? thx Tom
>
> My V was very hairy on short final, almost no response from the ailerons.
> I covered one wing with wool 'tufts' and went flying with a video
> camera in the chase a/c.
> They say every picture tells a story - at low (approach) speed, the
> tufts forward of the aileron (upper wing surface) stood up on end,
> perperdicular to the airflow - the ailerons were flopping around in a
> vacuum.
>
> I made my own VGs from some white, angle plastic from the local
> hardware store and put about 9 VGs on each wing (see attached photo)
> and the respose on short final is firm and responsive.
>
> I would not consider taking them off.
>
> fwiw
>
> Steve
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list