REFLECTOR: Update on my Subaru installation

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sun Mar 29 22:17:42 CDT 2009


Hi Kurt-

I have one of those fittings- from a wet-dry vac as I remember- I was going
to use it on the floor but did not- I will see if I can get it up on the
window area in front of my seat-

Don't work too hard!

 

Alex

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 8:14 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Update on my Subaru installation

 

Alex, 

I haven't heard any noise from my blower or controller yet, but I haven't
been monitoring the radios much yet. A "T" would work for the defroster. I
have a 2" line coming to the foot compartment of each side. Then I have a 1"
line going to the defroster duct. I made the defroster duct out of a small
plastic piece from a vacuum. It has the flange, and the deflectors to blow
the air over a wide area. Then I just hooked up a piece of scat to it. I
read about that somewhere and it really is convienient & works well. No
valve or anything, just trying to keep it simple. 

The exit for my cooling on the blower/heater uses the aft facing discharge
scoop that came with my kit. 

I'll try and scavenge some pictures to send you directly, but it may take
til tomorrow night. Have to work tonight til 10 then back at 8am. 

Kurt 


-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Balic <velocity_pilot at verizon.net>
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 5:39 pm
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Update on my Subaru installation

Kurt-

I have seen a velocity with some extensions to the top of the NACAs that
sort of make them ram scoops- probably you could just do that if you come up
a little short on cooling- I might use a solid state control on my blower
too, but the one I tried gave me some radio noise, so I went back to the
resistors- I was thinking of adding a small T to blow some air up on the
windshield= do you do that or have a dedicated valve for that? - I might add
a trap door to the discharge plenum to allow me to just dump the air into
the nose compartment- not sure if there would be a low pressure area in
there though- might need to add something to the door area to make that
happen.

I look forward to looking at your pictures when you get a chance.

 

Alex

 

 

  _____  

Need a job? Find
<http://yellowpages.aol.com/search?query=employment_agencies&ncid=emlweusyel
p00000002>  employment help in your area. 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090329/10b35477/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list