REFLECTOR: Dear Unbelievable-Fire Extinguisher (John Dibble)

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jun 29 13:14:10 CDT 2009


TEC,

I think your Lady had the right response...

What a cheap skate!

Scott

HYTEC45 at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 6/27/2009 10:26:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> dugasd at bellsouth.net writes:
>
>     A small halon will fit under the left side of the pilot seat 
>
> Halon is good for inside, but don't forget the obvious.
>  
> I was taxiing out on an out of town trip and noticed a AerComp10
> turboprop homebuilt doing high speed taxi testing.  When it was on the
> opposite side of the field, I noticed a flame coming from the right
> wheel.  I called and said that they had a fire and sure enough, the
> right brake had caught the gear leg/tire on fire.  The right front got
> out with an extinguisher and shot it with no avail.  I hauled ass to
> them and bailed out with my Halon.  The guy met me, grabbed it and
> proceeded to piss that away also.  The grounds were crushed lava and
> no real dirt to use.  By this time the tire was the issue with flames
> licking up the gear leg.  The "Lady" owner had gotten out and proceed
> to tell us to "get away, I think it's a loss."  Just then, my sweetie
> had gotten out of the Velocity (top loader) and proceed to sprint over
> with the *_two gallons of water_* I was caring (desert XC). Daaaaug!! 
> I grabbed one of the gallons and pored it down the gear leg to the
> tire and snuffed the thing right out.  Took the whole gallon to cool
> down the tire/wheel as it was trying to flair back up.  I would have
> forgot the obvious if it wasn't for my Lady.  No good deed goes
> unpunished as I just asked the owner to replace my "nice chrome" halon
> extinguisher that AS sells, and gave her my card.  About 2 months
> later, I got the cheapest extinguisher money can buy (plastic) from
> Home Depo.  On a humorous note, my Lady (RIP) laughed her but off when
> it came and wanted to cover it in Vaseline, wrap it in saran wrap and
> send it back. 
> TEC
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Make your summer sizzle with fast and easy recipes
> <http://food.aol.com/grilling?ncid=emlcntusfood00000005> for the grill.
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 260 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090629/46549a58/attachment.pgp>


More information about the Reflector mailing list