REFLECTOR: Fire Extinguisher

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 26 14:35:16 CDT 2009


I had posted this information a couple years ago.

 

I saw a demonstration of a different type of fire extinguisher years ago.
It was called FireAde 2000.  I don't' sell the stuff.

 

In the demo the guy dumped gasoline in a wash tub and lit it.  He
extinguished the fire with his stuff.  Then he stepped into the tub and took
a propane torch and tried to re-light it while still standing in it.  It
would not light.  When sprayed on a fire, it emulsifies and prevents
combustion.  It also cools as it hits so it helps to bring temps below flash
temps.

 

With the advent of YouTube, there are several demonstration videos.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPkmIwZBhMQ

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=843WcqiS0eM (not in English, but you will get
the point)

 

More can be found.

 

This is what I will be carrying on my plane.

 

Here is one site that sells it:  http://www.firesupplydepot.com/

 

Andy

 

=====================================

 

Andy Millin

amillin at sbcglobal.net

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090626/ceb08881/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list