REFLECTOR: GEMS sensor
Velocity
velocityxl at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 26 07:40:19 CDT 2009
What is the part number of the sensor
that you guys are using? I had a Gem Sensor melt and have not replaced it
yet .
Ron
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Philipsen" <velocity at davebiz.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:53 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: GEMS sensor
> I've got a 12v GEMS sensor on my sump and it works just fine. I believe
> that the nominal 12v system in aircraft is actually more like 13.8v just
> as it is in cars. In fact, I think the alternator/vlt reg in my V is from
> a car.
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Alex Balic <velocity_pilot at verizon.net>
> Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:08 PM
> To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: GEMS sensor
>
> Hi Noel-
>
>
>
> I had the exact same question when I got mine originally- called them, and
> they said it will work up to I believe 19 volts or something like that-
> the
> labeling is confusing for sure..
>
>
>
> Alex
>
>
>
> _____
>
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of gattenby at tulsaconnect.com
> Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:00 PM
> To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
> Subject: REFLECTOR: GEMS sensor
>
>
>
> I ordered a "gems" sensor to use in the sump tank.
>
> I ordered the 12v "wet" sink version.
>
> The sent the 5v "dry" sink version.
>
> The wet vs dry sink is a wiring issue - I'm not concerned.
>
> The 12v vs 5v has made me ponder???
>
>
>
> The specs on the sensor say 12v +/- 5% (that means 11.4 to 12.6 volts)
>
> I know that automotive "12v" is more like 13 something.
>
> What is aircraft 12v?
>
> Did anyone use the 12v sensor and put an IC voltage regulator on it?
>
> Or do you just hook it up to the "12v"
>
> If I need a voltage regulator, a 3 pin 7805 is as easy to hook up as a 3
> pin
> 7812.
>
>
>
> What are the "flying guys" using?
>
>
>
> Noel
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list