REFLECTOR: how hot is too hot?

lhosk at comcast.net lhosk at comcast.net
Thu Jun 25 21:42:13 CDT 2009


Dear Mr Walker, 

I also, do not usually give my opinion. I know Dave Dent personally and I must say, as a pilot who has been flying for fifty years thirty five of those professionally as a navy pilot and airline pilot , I feel qualified to comment on Dave's qualifications. I know Dave as a careful and conscientious pilot. Your tirade is something that some pilots , usually with little experience, love to comment on after the fact not knowing the facts. It lets you show how knowledgeable you are. 
Let's face it,when an airplane is on fire all you want to do is get the hell out. I'm sure you are a extremely competent pilot and this sort of thing would not happen to you. Having said this don't shoot your mouth off until you know what was going on. 

Lon Hoskins 









----- Original Message ----- 
From: "LAURA WALKER" <blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net> 
To: reflector at tvbf.org 
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:37:35 AM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific 
Subject: REFLECTOR: how hot is too hot? 


Just a quick question....WAS THERE NO FIRE EXTINGUISHER OF ANY SORT IN THIS AIRCRAFT !!!!????? If not then what in the world were you or any else thinking about concerning safety AND JUST THIS SORT OF SITUATION when attempting to fly an aircraft such as this? 

It is a constant sorce of amazement to me reading these blogs and people's rationalization for leaving stuff like safety door locks and fire extinguishers off their aircraft. 

This is just the thing that gives homebuilt aircraft a bad reputation and makes the public very uneasy about our endeavors. 

Unbelievable. 

Bill Walker 
_______________________________________________ 
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector 

Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery 
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail 
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090626/9feb946f/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list