REFLECTOR: Carburetor Heat Flap
John Dibble
aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Jun 23 06:42:03 CDT 2009
That's interesting. One of my 3 screws is missing. The screen at the back of the
scoop has a small hole in it. The #6 cylinder that I just repaired had a bent exhaust
valve. Guess I will secure the screws with some silicone sealant.
John
"hoffman3 at erols.com" wrote:
> When you look into the scoop with carb heat on you should see the heads of
> 2 #4-40 screws holding the flap on the shaft. The shaft lever should be on
> the Pilot Side.
>
> I remember this because years ago the 2 screws came out, and I lost power
> for a few seconds after lift off. Found the heat flap resting at the bottom
> of the box with no compression in #6 cylinder. I removed the cylinder and
> had two new valves installed.
>
> Carl Hoffman
>
> Original Message:
> -----------------
> From: John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
> Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 11:39:53 -0500
> To: reflector at tvbf.org
> Subject: REFLECTOR: Carburetor Heat Flap
>
> Vibration is chewing up my carburetor heat mechanism. I think the problem
> is that the
> flap is mounted off center on the pivot bolt with the longer side facing
> forward
> creating instability in the air flow. I plan to reverse it so the longer
> side faces
> rearward. The problem is that there is limited room with the reverse
> orientation, so I
> would like to mount the flap as close to center as possible, but not have
> instability.
> Any ideas as to how much longer the rear side needs to be?
>
> John
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------
> myhosting.com - Premium Microsoft® Windows® and Linux web and application
> hosting - http://link.myhosting.com/myhosting
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Internal Virus Database is out of date.
> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com
> Version: 8.0.175 / Virus Database: 270.12.45/2141 - Release Date: 5/29/2009 6:28 AM
More information about the Reflector
mailing list