REFLECTOR: Oil cooling
Carl Hoffman
hoffman3 at erols.com
Sat Jun 20 11:46:26 CDT 2009
What are your oil temperatures? In the winter, outside temp 32-50F, I never see oil above 90C. In the summer, 95C is the highest. I have to block off the heat coming at the toe outlets and turn on the heat (close oil cooler damper) to get the oil up to 100C to keep iron levels in the oil to acceptable limit.
My Franklin has 5/8" oil lines no external filter. I think you've seen it at Oshkosh 2008. I also have an RMI Engine Monitor.
Carl Hoffman
---- Original message ----
>Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 06:59:26 -0700
>From: <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
>Subject: REFLECTOR: Oil cooling
>To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
>
>My other to do is get more oil cooling. High oil temps are creating a second problem with a lot of heat getting in the cabin from the duct where the lines run. Has anyone ventilated the duct? Does it help? What kind of an opening did you use?
>
>Thanks,
>
>John
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list