REFLECTOR: Crows Feet
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Jun 20 08:58:56 CDT 2009
Bad link on that crows foot link. Here's a set that goes up to 2"
http://www2.northerntool.com/hand-tools/wrenches/item-156552.htm
Scott
Scott Derrick wrote:
> Terry Miles wrote:
>
>> am tempted now to take my 1/7/8 (or whatever size it is) end wrench
>> over to the local welding shop and have then make a 1/2 fitting on it
>> to fit my torque wrench. The fish-scale-as-tq-wrench method is not
>> working for me…and the end of wrench is so fat I can only get a few
>> degrees of bolt rotation at a time before it hit the forks.
>>
>>
>>
> Terry, what you need is a large crows foot.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Tools-11PC-Drive-Crowsfoot-Wrench/dp/B001E81DOO
>
> If you have a good tool shop around, they probably have an individual
> wrench you can buy instead of buying a whole set. I have a set and don't
> use them often, but when I do they are invaluable. Especially for
> tubing. Orient the wrench so it is 90 degrees to the torque wrench and
> you'll be applying the indicated torque.
>
> I've never had bad shimmy and had light shimmy a couple times when I
> forgot to check the torque on pre-flight. I check the torque the old
> fashioned way, I lift the nose and kick the tire on the longest arm of
> torque to the belleville washers. I expect it to rotate about 45-90
> degrees and stop. If less, there is to much torque(rare), if it goes
> further, time to tighten up a bit,
>
> Scott
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 260 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090620/451e81a1/attachment.pgp>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list