REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

Jeff Howell jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 19 09:12:41 CDT 2009


yup I am using the wheel lock, witch to me is a great safety device. Never a shimmy. If anyone wants one I have the contact info for the Mishler Nosewheel Lock System... I have used the nylon in place of the belleville washers and it holds torque and pressure but not for any period of time. I am not sure of wear rates and other engineering issues that using only nylon may in tale. Jeff


 


Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:06:05 -0700
From: ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers





Jeff,
 
Can you share with all of us what your build up consisted of and how did you know set the proper torque for the nut? Did you still use a pull gage and if so how much?
 
You can't just tell everyone that this works great without sharing the details? 
 
Andy Ellzey





From: Jeff Howell <jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:24:23 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers



I may still have a few made I will have to check. I made them in different thicknesses. what thickness are you looking for? Jeff
 


From: terrence_miles at hotmail.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:31:12 -0500
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers







Jeff,
Could I talk you into making a set for me?  I'd gladly trade for free banjo lessons or $5 or whatever plus shipping.
Terry Miles


From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Howell
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 17:29
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers
 
I ordered some 2 1/2" round stock on line and opened up a hole to the right dia. using a lathe. It works great. 
 



Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:19:50 -0700
From: ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers


Where did you get the nylon sheet stock that you made the washers from and how many did you use?

 

Andy Ellzey

 




From: Jeff Howell <jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:07:49 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

I found that a combo of a home made nylon washer and a nose wheel lock makes a great addation to any velocity. no nose wheel shimmy and awsome steering (taxi) on the ground...Jeff
 



From: johnt at comp-sol.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:25:25 -0500
Subject: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

I have the 'thin' belleville washers (with spacer) - and plan on purchasing a new washer kit from the factory, but I thought someone had successfully been using SS washers - and had suggested McMaster as a source...?

 

John
 



Insert movie times and more without leaving Hotmail®. See how. 
 



Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you.


Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that’s right for you. 
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits.
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutorial_Storage_062009
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090619/a62e0dd8/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list