REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Fri Jun 19 00:54:58 CDT 2009


Andy;

 

Back up a bit; Jeff's using the wheel lock.

 

But Larry; you're using the nylon washer with friction damping?  Replacing
the composition washer, with the bellevilles on the bottom?

 

Al

 

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

 

Jeff,

 

Can you share with all of us what your build up consisted of and how did you
know set the proper torque for the nut? Did you still use a pull gage and if
so how much?

 

You can't just tell everyone that this works great without sharing the
details? 

 

Andy Ellzey

 

  _____  

From: Jeff Howell <jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 9:24:23 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

I may still have a few made I will have to check. I made them in different
thicknesses. what thickness are you looking for? Jeff
 

  _____  

From: terrence_miles at hotmail.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 19:31:12 -0500
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

Jeff,

Could I talk you into making a set for me?  I'd gladly trade for free banjo
lessons or $5 or whatever plus shipping.

Terry Miles

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jeff Howell
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 17:29
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

 

I ordered some 2 1/2" round stock on line and opened up a hole to the right
dia. using a lathe. It works great. 
 

  _____  

Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 14:19:50 -0700
From: ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

Where did you get the nylon sheet stock that you made the washers from and
how many did you use?

 

Andy Ellzey

 

  _____  

From: Jeff Howell <jeffreyhowell at hotmail.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2009 2:07:49 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

I found that a combo of a home made nylon washer and a nose wheel lock makes
a great addation to any velocity. no nose wheel shimmy and awsome steering
(taxi) on the ground...Jeff
 

  _____  

From: johnt at comp-sol.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 12:25:25 -0500
Subject: REFLECTOR: Belleville washers

I have the 'thin' belleville washers (with spacer) - and plan on purchasing
a new washer kit from the factory, but I thought someone had successfully
been using SS washers - and had suggested McMaster as a source...?

 

John

 

  _____  

Insert movie times and more without leaving HotmailR. See how.
<http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/QuickAdd?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tutor
ial_QuickAdd_062009>  

 

  _____  

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that's right for you.
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=ftp_val_wl_290> 

 

  _____  

Lauren found her dream laptop. Find the PC that's right for you.
<http://www.microsoft.com/windows/choosepc/?ocid=ftp_val_wl_290>  

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090618/d267760f/attachment-0001.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list