REFLECTOR: Need Troubleshooting ideas

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sat Jun 13 16:05:57 CDT 2009


This sounds strange, but I see a lot of oil around the filler cap.  I bought the cap at Auto Zone and it has worked fine for 3/4 years.

--- aminetech at bluefrog.com wrote:

From: <aminetech at bluefrog.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: REFLECTOR: Need Troubleshooting ideas
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 13:40:11 -0700

I'm at Chattanooga, TN (CHO) with a considerable oil leak.  I flew from the MS coast.  My oil temp was higher than normal, but still within the limit.  After 1 1/2 hours the temp began climbing.  I think it might have been because I was flying near a thunderstorm and the downdraft was putting me into a climb attitude without realizing it.  I landed and everything looked OK.  Just the usual samll oil leaks.  After taking off the oil temp climbed quickly and ran near around 108 C for most of the way.  CHTs were normal (130 C) Upon landing the engine was running rough and the bottom of the fuselage is fairly covered with oil.  I will appreciate any ideas.

Thanks,

John

Franklin/IVO
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list