REFLECTOR: Oil Pressure

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 31 13:10:17 CDT 2009


Sounds right Larry. 

That's one reason that I ran dedicated ground wires to all my engine sensors. I purchased an entire spool of shielded, Teflex insulated, ?twisted pair wire. I ended up with a bad ground on one sensor, but it sure was easy to trace. A bad ground can cause all sorts of gremlins. 

Kurt 


-----Original Message-----
From: Laurence Coen <lwcoen at hotmail.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Fri, Jul 31, 2009 11:54 am
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Oil Pressure


John,?
?
Your oil pressure transducer is likely grounded at the engine and your readout is grounded to your panel buss. I suspect the ground potential at the panel buss changes with change in load but the same thing doesn't happen to the engine ground. You can check the voltage between the engine and buss grounds with varying loads.?
?
Larry Coen?
N136LC?
?
--------------------------------------------------?
From: "John Dibble" <aminetech at bluefrog.com>?
Sent: Friday, July 31, 2009 9:02 AM?
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>?
Subject: REFLECTOR: Oil Pressure?
?
> At this point I'm pretty sure I do not have an oil pressure problem. On > the return from?
> OSH, my observant copilot noticed that every time I turned a knob the > pressure reading?
> changed. So I turned off my radio and the pressure went up 6 psi. Then I > turned off the?
> transponder and the pressure went up another 6 psi, making it 51 psig > which I am happy?
> with. I checked the voltage drop across the relay and it is 0. I checked > the voltage?
> drop between my RMI monitor ground and another ground. I varied from > 0-0.02 v as I turned?
> on a few things. The monitor power voltage decreased from 12.6 by 0.1 > volt each time I?
> trurned on something. I figure that's just the battery voltage going down > with increased?
> load. What do I need to be looking at??
>?
> John?
>?
> _______________________________________________?
> To change your email address, visit > http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector?
>?
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery?
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose?
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail?
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html?
> _______________________________________________?
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector?
?
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery?
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose?
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail?
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html?

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090731/f23ed5d6/attachment.htm>


More information about the Reflector mailing list