REFLECTOR: Donations
nmflyer1 at aol.com
nmflyer1 at aol.com
Fri Jul 31 10:37:27 CDT 2009
That leaves the Velocities out (what a shame). I was also not aware of the notification regulation. I'm not sure I'd trust some FSDO's... others would be fine.
Kurt
-----Original Message-----
From: HYTEC45 at aol.com
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Fri, Jul 31, 2009 9:22 am
Subject: REFLECTOR: Donations
I know most of us get this, but there was some chatter regarding this matter a few weeks back. FYI
TEC
Quiz Me
Here's a question asked by an AOPA member who contacted our aviation services staff through the AOPA Pilot Information Center. Test your knowledge.
Question: My child's school is holding a silent auction, and they have asked the parents to donate items to support the school. I would like to donate an airplane ride in my aircraft. I will be paying for all expenses involved with the flight. Will I need a commercial pilot certificate for this?
Answer: No. Passenger-carrying flights for the benefit of a charitable, nonprofit, or community event are not considered commercial operations, so you don’t need to have a commercial pilot certificate. For an event such as this, FAR 91.146 requires the pilot to have a private pilot certificate with at least 500 hours of flight time, have a current medical certificate, and meet the currency requirements of FAR 61.56. The flight must begin and end at the same public-use airport and be conducted within a 25-nautical-mile radius. The aircraft must have a standard airworthiness certificate. Also, you must furnish infor
mation required in the regulation to the local flight standards district office (FSDO) a minimum of seven days before the event (not the flight). Learn more in AOPA's subject report about Charitable/Nonprofit/Community Events.
Got a question for our aviation services staff? The AOPA Pilot Information Center is a service available to all members as part of the annual dues. Call 800/872-2672, or e-mail to pilotassist at aopa.org. Send comments on our Quiz Me! questions to pilotassist at aopa.org.
Picture
_______________________________________________
o change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
ser:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090731/fc9d88be/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list