REFLECTOR: MGL oshkosh
Scott Derrick
scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Jul 31 08:44:54 CDT 2009
I don't like the all in one units.
1.) Too much info in one place. Studies have been done that indicate
the human brain just tosses out info when overloaded like that. It
looks incredibly cluttered.
2.) Loose a screen, loose it all.
I do like the Dynon, and have a EFIS and EMS. I like their
interconnected bus which allows me to display either system on either
screen, so if I loose a screen I can still view the data of my choice.
I don't see if the MGL system has a built in backup battery like the
Dynon which will still function for a couple hours even with a total
electrical system failure. A must in my opinion.
Scott
Velocity xl wrote:
> http://www.mglavionics.com/html/odyssey.html
>
> Any one look at this unit at Oshkosh?
> I really liked it $6000 for every thing including
> the engine probs.
>
>
> http://www.aviation.levil.com/EFIS.htm
> This one looked interesting also but was not near as slick as the
> MGL or the Dynon units.
> The AHRS unit really seamed to lag behind the move ment and gets real
> confused if you move
> it to fast. Also being a windows based unit does concern me a bit.
> Price of $4000 really is all that I saw was good about it.
>
> Any thoughts
>
> Ron
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 261 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090731/af6080fb/attachment-0001.pgp>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list