REFLECTOR: insurance
Stockman, Bill
bill.stockman at daytonaero.com
Wed Jul 29 12:43:11 CDT 2009
I just received my renewal from Falcon for my 173FGE, hull value $85K
with standard limits, full coverage the premium is $22XX for the year
with a 10% deductable. I have 650 hours in Velocity and about 800
hrs total time. I've been with them for eight years.
The time on the aircraft means very little (after the first ten hours or
so). The time you have in the Velocity means everything especially if
its and RG with an MT prop.
What does impact us is that what happens to the Velocity pool of
aircraft. If you assume that you will always fix the aircraft
yourself for minor damage, then go for the high deductables.
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Lou Stedman
Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:59 AM
To: Reflector Velocity
Subject: REFLECTOR: insurance
I just got a quote from Falcon Insurance for my Velocity. It seemed a
bit high. I am going with $50K hull, $1M Liability. The aircraft has
600+ hrs on it, I have 350+ hrs, and over 40+ hrs in Velocity. The
quote was $1622 for hull and $350 liability. Has anyone done better than
this? I have not insured it before and now I remember why.
Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20090729/9ec48983/attachment.htm>
More information about the Reflector
mailing list